Job Description: Social Media and Marketing Intern
Founded in 2006, the San Francisco-based 501(c)3 nonprofit project The Bay Bridged has become recognized nationwide as the leading source for San Francisco Bay Area independent music through our award-winning music blog and podcast series, as well as a series of acclaimed music festival events.
Under the direction of the Content Director, the Social Media and Marketing Intern will help promote The Bay Bridged and Bay Area music through social media marketing campaigns on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. This position will allow the intern to gain valuable experience managing our Instagram (2,200 followers), Twitter (11,400 followers), and FB page (7,600 likes).
We’re seeking an undergraduate student — preferably for college credit — who is located in the Bay Area and knowledgeable and excited about the Bay Area music scene, in addition to possessing social media skills. Applicants should be located in the Bay Area, as some time in The Bay Bridged’s San Francisco office will be required.
What You Will Learn:
- To act as the voice of The Bay Bridged through various communication channels
- Connect with venues, bands, and influencers in the Bay Area music scene
- Learn to engage and expand our following base
- Lead our creative social media strategy
- Coordinate with our marketing and production team to design and implement a full social media plan for The Bay Bridged’s events and activities
- Learn how to track and analyze all social media and promotional campaigns
- Be a part of a 30-person volunteer team dedicated to promoting San Francisco Bay Area arts, music, and culture.
- Interest in / knowledge of the Bay Area music scene, journalism, and concerts/events
- Creative and active user of social media tools such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Marketing, journalism, and business majors encouraged to apply
- This internship will run from mid-February to July of 2017.
Hours: 10-15 hours/week. Unpaid.
The Bay Bridged is an equal opportunity employer. Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with links to your social media accounts. Applications are being accepted and interviews are ongoing until the position is filled. No phone calls please.