The Balboa Theatre is the oldest running movie theater in San Francisco: it was built in 1926, and has stayed in that location for 91 years. The interior did get a little damaged by a fire in 1978, but its character was rebuilt and now the Balboa Theatre is more than just a place to watch films. It’s a time machine, a memory stood still, part of what makes San Francisco so idealistically pure.
But with time, people get distracted — this year especially has been full of them. These distractions take a toll on the community. Local non-profits get less money, and theaters that are staples to the community have a drop in attendance. The Balboa has gone through so much, but now it’s up to us to put it back on the map. And one way to do that — the best way — is with music and art. So join dozens of local artists and musicians in a Balboa Benefit!
Live music by UNITY (Oakland), Pardoner (SF), Sirena Victima (SF) and Share (SF).
They will also be celebrating the release of Pardoner’s debut LP “Uncontrollable Salvation” via Father/Daughter Records.
Art, zines, and prints for sale by…
+ More TBA!
Tape Pop-Up by BIG CRAZY!
There will be a raffle, featuring the following prizes…
– Tattoo time with Hannah Wednesday at Tuesday Tattoo!
– $50 gift certificate to Woods Outbound!
– Handmade ceramic hanging planter from The General Store!
– R+CO and Oribe hair products from The Pine Petaluma!
– 2 tickets to together PANGEA / Tall Juan / Meat Market @ The Chapel!
– 2 tickets to Alvvays @ The Fillmore!
– Pardoner Starter Pack w/ “Uncontrollable Salvation” record, t-shirt, and tape!
– Merch and coffee beans from Ritual and Andytown!
– A painting from local artist Matt Brecke!
– 9ft x 5ft oil painting from local artist Jordon Darula!
– 2 paintings by Marissa Carpenter!
+ More TBA!
A percentage of all proceeds will go to support the Balboa Theater.
UNITY, PARDONER, SIRENA VICTIMA, SHARE
October 19, 2017