Job Description: Sponsorship Associate
Founded in 2006, the San Francisco-based 501(c)3 nonprofit project The Bay Bridged has become recognized nationwide as the leading source for San Francisco Bay Area independent music through our award-winning music blog and podcast series, as well as a series of acclaimed music festival events.
Under the direction of the Operations Director, the Sponsorship Associate will lead our campaign to bring on new web advertisers to The Bay Bridged. We currently work with music venues in SF and Oakland but would like to expand our operations. Our assets are competitive for the web ad space — including a robust newsletter program, popular social media accounts, and web ad options.
The ideal candidate is knowledgeable about online advertising, corporate sponsorships and comfortable reaching out to prospective clients and doing cold-outreach. This is a commision-based, part-time position.
What You Will Do:
- Develop and enhance existing advertiser/sponsorship relationships
- Research, pursue, and deliver new web sponsor clients
- Work with production team to find and secure event sponsorship opportunities
- Be a part of a 30-person volunteer team dedicated to promoting San Francisco Bay Area arts, music, and culture.
- Some experience with online advertising and/or event sponsorships/partnerships
- Ability to successfully engage with prospective clients via email, phone and in-person meetings
- Exhibit outgoing attitude with drive to find new clients and build a broad community of partners
- Interest in music is a plus
The Sponsorship Associate will have the option of working remotely or working from the Bay Bridged office in San Francisco. Weekly in-person meetings will be required. The Bay Bridged is an equal opportunity employer. Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are being accepted and interviews are ongoing until the position is filled. No phone calls please.