It’s here. After tons of features, interviews and blog posts about it, the 2015 Phono del Sol Music & Food Festival is here. Saturday, July 11, thousands of people will flood into Potrero del Sol Park for a day of live music, food, vendors, and an overall good time.
Join us for Tanlines, King Tuff, Generationals, VERITE, Mas Ysa, and Marriages performing alongside some of the Bay’s best bands: Sonny & The Sunsets, The Tropics, Everyone is Dirty, Scary Little Friends, and Tiaras. Tickets are only $30 in advance and available now.
The festival, which remains one of the most inexpensive and true to supporting the local Bay Area music scene, has been my personal highlight for the last few years of my time here in San Francisco. From jumping on stage with John Dwyer and the rest of Thee Oh Sees a couple of years ago to dancing to Nick Waterhouse in the middle of the field last year, Phono del Sol is the epitome of what helps to make the city such a great one.
Great food trucks (and when I say great, I mean great), fully decked-out beer gardens, some of the best vendors and a stellar list of bands, different from year-to-year, that you get to enjoy uninterrupted and with ease. This is the life, right?
As we get hours away from the festival, here are just a couple of reminders:
- Happy hour is from 12-2PM, and will give you a discount on drinks at the festival. Definitely get there early (not only for the booze, but to also support local music!).
- Reusable water bottles are allowed in the festival, but need to be empty at the entrance.
- The festival’s beer gardens are CASH ONLY. There will be ATMs on-site, but it’s probably best just to bring money too.
- In an effort to keep the festival as green as possible, we want to make sure you know that almost everything at the festival will be recyclable or compostable (except complimentary bags of Simply7 chips). Bins will be marked. Let’s keep it green, folks.
- Tickets are $30 in advance and $35 at the door. Advance ticket sales end tomorrow at noon!
If you have any other questions that aren’t addressed here, be sure to check out the Phono del Sol website for more information. Otherwise come out, be safe and let’s have a great day in the San Francisco sun.
Phono del Sol Music and Food Festival
Potrero del Sol Park (San Francisco)
July 11, 2015
12–7pm, $30 (All Ages)