The 2012 Phono del Sol Music and Food Festival is less than 30 days away! This second annual celebration of great Bay Area music and food takes place at Potrero del Sol Park in San Francisco’s Mission District on July 21, 2012. It’s an all day, all ages affair, and we are extremely excited to have an awesome set of local and touring bands on deck, including The Fresh & Onlys, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Gardens & Villa, Dominant Legs, La Sera, Sea of Bees, and Mwahaha.
We’ll be talking quite a bit more about Phono del Sol over the next few weeks — including all of the awesome local food trucks as well as other festival amenities — but for now, we want you to get as excited as we are with this mixtape. Two songs each from each Phono del Sol performer, including rad new jams from both The Fresh & Onlys and Unknown Mortal Orchestra.
Get your tickets for Phono del Sol right now at the low sliding scale price of $7-10 (just a dollar a band!), with a limited number of $40 VIP tickets available as well (VIP includes a premium reserved viewing area, reserved restrooms, and two drink tickets). A portion of the proceeds from ticket sales will benefit San Francisco Recreation and Parks, as well as two Mission-based nonprofits, Women’s Audio Mission and Girlventures.
More information about all of the festivities are available at PhonoDelSol.com.
1. Unknown Mortal Orchestra – “Thought Ballune”
2. The Fresh & Onlys – “Yes or No”
3. Gardens & Villa – “Black Hills”
4. Dominant Legs – “Where We Trip The Light”
5. Sea of Bees – “Broke”
6. Mwahaha – “Rainbow Diamond”
7. La Sera – “Break My Heart”
8. The Fresh & Onlys – “Do What I Came To Do”
9. Unknown Mortal Orchestra – “I’ll Come Back 4 U”
10. La Sera – “Please Be My Third Eye”
11. Dominant Legs – “Hoop of Love”
12. Gardens & Villa – “Star Fire Power”
13. Sea of Bees – “Marmalade”
14. Mwahaha – “Love” (w/ Merrill Garbus of tUnE-yArDs)