Date: Thursday, February 22nd
Number of Noise Pop Shows: 10 shows, 32 bands
Already Sold-Out: Oh boy, several shows on Thursday have already reached their maximum. And frankly, we’re not surprised. Here’s the full list of sold out shows, in case you plan to try and beg, borrow, or steal your way in:
- The Bottom of the Hill local showcase featuring Thao and John Vanderslice as co-headliners, with Garrett Pierce and Bird By Snow opening, presented by SF Sketchfest.
- Budos Band with Allah-Las, Pickwick, and Big Tree at the Independent.
- Built to Spill with Sister Crayon at the Fillmore.
- Sleigh Bells with Black Bananas at the Regency Ballroom.
- Two Gallants with White Cloud and Greg Ashley at Edinburgh Castle.
For those lucky enough to already have tickets to the above shows (or Noise Pop badges), be sure to arrive early to take full advantage.
Check These Shows Out: File this one under “Why isn’t this show sold out yet?” – The Soft Pack will be bringing their retro sound from LA to headline a Noise Pop show at Cafe du Nord, joined by Shannon and the Clams, Fidlar, and Surf Club.
Lastly, the Bay Bridged is proud to present the following lineup on Thursday at the Swedish American Music Hall: Mac McCaughan (of Superchunk and Portastatic) headlining, joined by Portland’s Sun Foot, as well as That Dog/The Rentals’ Rachel Haden and The Essex Green‘s Sasha Bell. Check out these six great acoustic videos of Mac McCaughan performances to further entice you.
Not A Concert: There are several great films screening on Thursday, and over at San Franpsycho’s 1314 Grant location, the Death Cab for Cutie/John Vanderslice photo exhibition by Peter Ellenby will see its official opening.