Our weekly picks for some great live local music. Take a listen to some of these bands in our streaming audio playerâ€¦
– The Coincidence, Robyn Harris and Grooming the Crow at Beale Street Bar. 8pm, $5.
– New Agents, The Boiling Suns and EFFT at Kimo’s. 9pm, $6.
– Mark Growden Quartet, Foxtails Brigade, Agent Ribbons (Sacto) and honey.moon.tree at Hotel Utah. 9pm, $7.
– The Dilettantes, Sir Lord Von Raven and The Parish at Bottom of the Hill. 9pm, $8.
– Swanifant, Squeeky Rice, The Slippery Slope and Shohei Kobayahsi at Albany Community Center. 7:30pm, $5. Free strawberries at the door.
– Another Planet & Mr Roboto present: The Morning Benders (Feature Podcast), The Soft Pack (formerly The Muslims) (SF) and Miniature Tigers (Phoenix) at Rickshaw Stop. 8:30pm, $12.
– San Francisco Film Society and Mezzanine present: Mike Relm and Peanut Butter Wolf (LA) at Mezzanine. 9pm, $20.
– A Foggy Holiday 2008 CD release: The Trophy Fire, The Heavenly States (Feature Podcast), The Federalists and I The Mighty at Bottom of the Hill. 8:30pm, $10.
– Darondo, Wallpaper and Nino Moschella at Slim’s. 9pm, $16/$21.
– Love is Chemicals (Feature Podcast), Mist & Mast (Feature Podcast) and We Is Shore Dedicated at Hemlock Tavern. 9:30pm, $6.
– Von Iva (EP release) (Feature Podcast), Run Run Run (LA) and The Bruises at Cafe du Nord. 9:30pm, $12.
– Hank IV, Mayyors and Traditional Fools at El Rio. 9pm $7.
– Tussle, Jonas Reinhardt (NY) and Explode into Colors (Portland) at Hemlock Tavern. 9:30pm, $7.
– Modern Times Bookstore fundraiser: Top Critters, Must I Lose a Limb, Reptiel (ex-Thee More Shallows) and Parker Frost at Hemlock Tavern. 5pm, sliding scale.
– Jonathan Richman and The Felix Dukes at Great American Music Hall. 8pm, $15.
– My Second Surprise and guests at Edinburgh Castle. 8:30pm, free.