Our weekly picks for some great live local music. Take a listen to some of these bands in our streaming audio playerâ€¦
– Matt the Electrician (Austin), Skygreen Leopards, Woods (NYC) and Tom Freund (Venice) at Amnesia. 8pm, $8.
– Long Legged Woman, 60 Watt Kid (Feature Podcast) and Electric Jellyfish (Australia) at Hemlock Tavern. 9pm, $6.
– Seneca, The New Centuries and Demons Wear Muted Colors at Starry Plough. 9:30pm, $8.
– Elephone (Feature Podcast), Facts on File and special guests at The Uptown. 9pm, $10.
– Ty Segall, The Splinters, Pure Country Gold (Portland) and Nodzzz at Hemlock Tavern. 9:30pm, $6.
– Danielson (New Jersey), Cryptacize and Bart Davenport (Feature Podcast) at Bottom of the Hill. 10pm, $10/$12.
– Deerhoof, Experimental Dental School (Portland) and Kit at Mezzanine. 9pm, $15.
– Impossible Shapes (Indiana), Devon Williams (LA) and Campo Bravo (Feature Podcast) at Hemlock Tavern. 9:30pm, $8.
– Dead Confederate (Georgia), Apollo Sunshine and Big Light at The Independent. 8pm, $12.
– Osphiera, Blue Rabbit (CD Release), Chelsea Wolfe and Not an Airplane at Hotel Utah. 8pm, $8 for show only or $15 for show and three albums.
– My Second Surprise and special guests at Edinburgh Castle. 8:30pm, free.
– Photons, The Corner Laughers and Mister Loveless at Make-out Room. 8pm, $7.