Our weekly picks for some great live local music. Take a listen to some of these bands in our streaming audio playerâ€¦
– Megafaun (NC) and Last of the Blacksmiths (Feature Podcast) at 12 Galaxies. 9pm, $8.
– Still Flyin’, Cotillion (Members of Bright Eyes, The Botticellis and Judgement Day) and Conspiracy of Venus at Cafe du Nord. 9pm, $10.
– Born on the Fourth of JuLive – Thee Oh Sees, Death Sentence: Panda!, Tussle, Mystic Paradise, Sic Alps, The Fresh and Onlys and No Boss at Cellspace. 7pm, $7.
– The 3rd Annual El Rio Big Time Freedom Party – I Was Totally Destroying It (Chapel Hill, NC), Paper Airplanes (Wichita), Low Red Land (Feature Podcast), Pope of Yes, Time & Place (ex-members of Sky Pilots), Two Sheds and Caves on two stages at El Rio, presented by West Coast Performer Magazine and Thread Productions. 2pm, $7.
– Girls (7″ Release Party), Softboiled Eggies (LA), Weave and Primo (DJ) at Hotel Utah. 9pm, $7.
– Battlehooch, Capt. Ahab (LA) and Bryan Lewis Saunders at Hemlock Tavern. 9:30pm, $7.
– Sky Parade (LA), Better Than Aliens (CD release – closing set), LSD and the Search for God and Eyes (members of The Finches and The Roots of Orchis) at Cafe du Nord. 9:30pm, $10.
– Finest Dearest (Feature Podcast), Dirty Mittens and The Attachments at Fort Gallery. 4pm, BBQ and Show!, $tba.
– Benefit for Bay Area Girls Rock Camp -Â Emily Jane White (Feature Podcast), The As-Ifs, The May Fire and DJ set by Loquat at Hotel Utah, presented by SonicLiving and The Owl Mag. 7pm, $tba.