Our weekly picks for some great live local music. Take a listen to some of these bands in our streaming audio playerâ€¦
– Joan of Arc (Chicago), 31 Knots and Maus Haus at Rickshaw Stop. 8pm, $12.
– KALX and The Deli Magazine present: Or, the Whale (Feature Podcast), Pete and J (Brooklyn) and Greg Ashley (Feature Podcast) at The Independent. 8pm, $12.
– Boneless Children Foundation, Cult of Sue Todd and Dave Houghton (Mass) at Hotel Utah. 9pm, $5.
– The Red Verse (CD Release), Murder of Lilies and The Snobs at Cafe du Nord. 9pm, $10.
– The Absinthe Glow and The Bye Bye Blackbirds at Make-Out Room. 7:30pm, $7.
– Honeycut (Feature Podcast) and Kid Beyond at The Independent. 9pm, $14.
– Spindrift, Venus and Mars and The Dilettantes at 12 Galaxies. 9pm, $10.
– Club Loaded 4th Anniversary live with The Lovemakers at Rickshaw Stop. 10pm, $12.
– Live105‘s BFD with The Phenomenauts, Love Like Fire (Feature Podcast), Here Here (Feature Podcast), Magic Bullets (Feature Podcast), Apside, The Hundred Days, The Federalists, The Action Design and more at Shoreline Amphitheatre. Noon, $10.53.
– The Sarees, Dame Satan, Jeffrey Manson and Family Trea at Fort Gallery. 2pm, $tba.
– Low Red Land (Feature Podcast), Death to Anders (LA) and Reduced to Ruin at Make-Out Room. 8pm, $7.
– Shuteye Unison (CD release) and Winter Birds at Hemlock Tavern. 9:30pm, $5.