Have a great weekend. Check out some live music and be sure to download the Three Ring Records Mix Tape by clicking above!
– Port O’Brien and Or, the Whale at the Rickshaw Stop, with The Cave Singers (Ex-Pretty Girls Make Graves). 8pm, $10.
Click to listen to our feature episode on Or, the Whale!
– Rykarda Parasol at Bottom of the Hill, with bellavista and Off Campus. 9pm, $8.
Click to listen to our feature episode on Rykarda Parasol!
– Michael Zapruder and Sonny Smith at the Hemlock Tavern, with Tom McShane. 9:30pm, $7.
– French Disco, Finest Dearest, and The Old-Fashioned Way at the Retox Lounge. 8pm, $tba.
Click to listen to our feature episode on Finest Dearest!
– Tempo No Tempo and Battlehooch at the Stork Club, with Wallpaper. 9pm, Free.
– Honeycut at The Independent, with Apollo Sunshine and Festival of Rights. 9pm, $15.
Click to listen to our feature episode on Honeycut!
– The Fucking Ocean at the Hemlock Tavern, with Antelope and Mi Ami. 9:30pm, $7.
Click to listen to our feature episode on The Fucking Ocean!
– Citay at Cafe du Nord, with Giant Skyflower Band and Coconut. 9pm, $8.
Around the Web:
– Check out the new video from this week’s featured band The Blacks!
– The SF Weekly has a great photo gallery from last Saturday’s The Bay Bridged Presents show.
– This week’s East Bay Express has a look back at Berkeley’s The Rubinoos.
– Over at the Bay Guardian, there’s a review of Etienne de Rocher’s farewell show and an interesting article on Comcast’s policy on filesharing.
– Adrian discusses the new CD from San Francisco’s The Lightning Bug Situation and The Dodos’ recent signing to French Kiss Records.