Hope you have a good long holiday weekend. Here are a few shows to check out:
– The Passionistas and The Dont’s at the Make-Out Room, with The Happy Hollows. The show starts at 9pm, is $7, and is 21+.
Click to listen to our feature episode on The Dont’s!
– LoveLikeFire at Cafe du Nord with Bellavista, Rescue Me and DJs Omar and Fletcher (Popscene). Show starts at 9:30pm, is $10, and 21+.
Click to listen to our feature episode on LoveLikeFire!
– The Bay Bridged & BAGeL Radio Present: Music for Animals, Magic Bullets, Dreamdate and Transfer (San Diego) at the Great American Music Hall. Show starts at 8pm and is $12. We’ll be back tomorrow with our in-depth show preview.
Around the Web:
– There’s an in-depth article about The Bay Bridged in the 96 Hours section of today’s Chronicle! (online here) Thanks to Delfin Vigil for the write-up and for sharing our enthusiasm about Saturday’s show.
– And speaking of Saturday night, have you entered our free ticket giveaway? Details on the sidebar under Featured Shows.
– This week’s Bay Guardian has the “Class of 2007,” bands that are “the most talented unusual suspects we suspect will bust out with great things this year and next.” Check out the article on the aforementoned Passionistas here.
– Pacific Noise has relaunched with a new format we like quite a bit. Their latest feature is on Bay Bridged alumni The Lovely Public.