Job Description: Production Intern
Founded in 2006, the San Francisco-based 501(c)3 nonprofit project The Bay Bridged has become recognized nationwide as the leading source for San Francisco Bay Area independent music through our award-winning music website and podcast series, as well as a series of acclaimed music festival events.
Under the direction of the Operations Director, the Production Intern will assist with the production of our events, including our Phono del Sol festival.
We're seeking an undergraduate student — preferably for college credit — with an interest in promotion and the music industry who is knowledgeable and excited about helping promote the Bay Area music scene. Applicants should be located in the Bay Area, as some time in The Bay Bridged’s San Francisco office will be required.
This unpaid internship will run from md-February 2017 through July 2017, with a relatively light workload (1-5 hours/week) in the beginning that will increase substantially in June (to an average of 10-20 hours a week at the end of the internship). Applicants should be located in the Bay Area, as some time in The Bay Bridged’s San Francisco office will be required.
- Event or concert production experience
- Strong time and project management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Passion for San Francisco Bay Area arts & music
- Ability to work independently
- This internship will run from mid-February to July of 2017.
Interested applicants should email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please attach a resume detailing any relevant production experience with a cover letter telling us a little bit about yourself and answering the two following questions:
- If you could produce any event in the San Francisco Bay Area, what would it be and why?
- What are two things do you really like about music festivals and two things you would try and change?
Answers to these questions should be no more than a few sentences long each. Applications are being accepted and interviews are ongoing until the position is filled. No phone calls please.