Job Description: Editorial Internship
Founded in 2006, the San Francisco-based 501(c)3 nonprofit project The Bay Bridged has become recognized nationwide as the leading source for San Francisco Bay Area independent music through our award-winning music website and podcast series, as well as a series of acclaimed music festival events.
Under the direction of the Content Director, the Editorial Intern will produce one article per week about an event or story in the Bay Area with at least three sources, along with two shorter news posts for The Bay Bridged’s award-winning blog. Please browse the www.thebaybridged.com to understand our writing style and typical stories.
We're seeking an undergraduate student — preferably for college credit — with journalism experience who is knowledgeable and excited about covering the Bay Area music scene. Applicants should be located in the Bay Area, as some time in The Bay Bridged’s San Francisco office will be required.
What You Will Do:
- Write articles, blog posts, and op-ed pieces on a variety of San Francisco Bay Area centric music and arts topics
- Research references for fact-based news and feature articles
- Develop a catalogue of clips for a reputable publication at the end of the internship
- Connect with venues, bands, and influencers in the Bay Area music scene
- Work with our editorial staff to edit and improve stories
- Be a part of a 30-person volunteer team dedicated to promoting San Francisco Bay Area arts, music, and culture.
- Interest in / knowledge of the Bay Area music scene, journalism, and concerts & events
- English and journalism majors encouraged to apply
- Music nerds highly encouraged to apply
- Bonus points for WordPress experience
- This internship will run from mid-February to July of 2017.
Hours: 10-15 hours/week. Unpaid. Intern will be required to meet with Content Director at the Bay Bridged office in San Francisco once a week.
The Bay Bridged is an equal opportunity employer. Please email cover letter, resume, and three writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Writing samples can be linked if they are published online, or attached as a PDF or Word Document if not. Applications are being accepted and interviews are ongoing until the position is filled. No phone calls please.