This podcast episode is part mixtape and part mea culpa. Even though our name is The Bay Bridged, we periodically get people calling us out on our SF-centric coverage of Bay Area indie music. In recognition of all of the great music coming from the other side of the Bay, this mix features only East Bay artists--15 of them--spanning a wide variety of styles and sounds. The collection shows that, just like in SF, there's a diverse batch of talent in Oakland and beyond that's well worth checking out.
Standard disclaimers here: obviously, this mix is not intended to be comprehensive, and we've omitted a few artists who have been showing up in a lot of our podcasts lately (sorry Shannon and the Clams, tUnE-YarDs, and Bare Wires!). If you're curious for more of the East Bay music scene, in addition to our blog, you should also check out Ear Bud, Bay Area Bourgeois, and Mapzzz as well.
1. Lumerians - "Atlanta Brook"
2. Man/Miracle - "Don't Waste It"
3. Wax Idols - "All Too Human"
4. The Horns of Happiness - "Light On Our Hands"
5. Religious Girls - "Color Wheel"
6. BEEP - "Robopup (Elephant & Castle Remix)"
7. Forest Floor - "Let It Remind You Every Day"
8. SAFE - "Carolina"
9. Yalls - "Please"
10. HOTTUB - "Lokos Only"
11. Antonionian - "Into The Night"
12. James & Evander - "Turtle Two"
13. Michael James Tapscott - "Sunny California Theme"
14. The Heavenly States - "Model Son"
15. Winter's Fall - "Anyways"